Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pink Floyd

Since I can write about anything today, I would like to dedicate this post to Pink Floyd. This morning, I had to go to the dentist today for a root canal. I never had one before, so I didn't know what to expect. When I sat in the room waiting for the Dentist to come in, I looked around, trying to focus on anything in the room, that would help me relax and not think about the procedure. My plan didn't work out so well because the room wasnt all that comforting.

The blue wall paper was chipped, the abnormal paintings all over the walls creeped me out and the mint-scented smell of the room was nauseating. Before I could make more observations, the Dentist came in and started the procedure. His assistant turned the radio on and I closed my eyes, focusing on the lyrics to the songs playing. To my surprise, Pink Floyd started to play.

The songs, "Good Bye Blue Sky", "Comfortably Numb", "Hey you" and "Learning to fly," successfully relaxed me. Growing up, I always enjoyed listening to Pink Floyd. So when it came on the radio, that was just icing on the cake. The procedure didn't even hurt.

I'm hoping that future Dentist/Dr visits would have Pink Floyd playing on the radio. The chances are slim, but music in general definitely can calm down nerves and make someone feel so much better.

1 comment:

  1. When I had to go get my wisdom teeth taken out I was terrified. I hate the loud sounds of the drill and all the other scary machinery. Luckily though I brought my ipod, so I totally understand how the music soothed you and made it easier to deal with.

    ReplyDelete